Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Mom's Weekend Getaway

After years of living in Arizona, I finally made it down to Rocky Point, Mexico! I must say I have the best husband ever. Not only does he watch the kids 3 days a week so I can work, but he was more than willing to watch the kids another few days so I could get away!

A friend I went to school with owns a condo on the beach (anyone interested in renting from her, let me know!) and all of us girls from school decided to go down for the weekend. There's nothing better than laying out on the beach or chilling in a restaurant overlooking the water with nothing but the breeze and the sound of the mariachis playing! I could do without the nice sunburn I got, but other than that, I had a great time. There were a bunch of people there - a triathalon was going on and Cinco de Mayo, but honestly I thought there would be more people on the beach than that. I can see why people love going here. It would be a fun place to take the kids. Here are some pictures...


This is the view from the condo


Triathalon swimmers

The water felt great!


This is the busiest my friend's had seen the beach, so on other weekends, it must be just about perfect!

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

ok, I'm jealous!! I need a getaway like that. I think I would want to take my husband though. Those pictures make me want to sit on the beach with a pina colada. (non-alcoholic of course)

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Looks like fun, everyone needs a break now and then. I have never been to Mexico I need to convince Shaffen to go!

Amanda said...

wish i could have come. maybe next year...

Becca said...

WOW! That is awesome! Those pictures are amazing! (Sorry I coudln't babysit today!!) Hope all went well!! :)

Rachel said...

Hey!!! I can't believe he did that for you. We are going for the first time this coming weekend. I liked seeing your pictures. Although it's way bigger and more crowded than I thought it would be. I wish you guys could go. Come bring all the kids and you can stay in the fith wheel with us.

The Mullenaux Family said...

Nice! Tad's a good dude! Never been to Rocky Point. Looks fun. What's the condo cost to rent?