Monday, July 26, 2010

Camping on Mt Graham

We went camping last week up on Mount Graham. I guess it rains the entire month of July up there, so it was really no surprise that it rained pretty good that night. The sound of rain drops dropping off the trees onto our tent kept me awake most of the night. But I think everyone had a lot of fun. Thanks to our friends for letting us borrow their tent. Our tent-poles have mysteriously disappeared.



The kids found a rope swing at our campsite.




They also had fun building a fort. They thought it would be a good place for the bears to sleep at night.


I was surprised at how green everything was and how many ferns covered the ground.









Darci back at home trying to eat one of Grandpa's ginormous cucumbers.


Her hair is getting so long and blonde and pretty.


2 comments:

Chris and Suzette said...

It's been SOO long since I've been up to Mt Graham. I LOVE it up there!

Becca said...

Dude...obviously I hadn't read your blog for a LONG time, because I am just learning that you are no longer in NM....I didn't blog stalk all summer...so when was the move to AZ? Hope it is all going well! Your kids are looking too grown up these days!