Friday, December 3, 2010

Having fun and being silly

We went cruising around a few weeks ago looking for places to go camping in the future. We found a few good spots near Klondyke/Aravaipa around a dry creek bed. We walked around for a bit and had some snacks and took some silly pictures...

I did think we were lost a few times because everything looks the same and there are tire tracks going every direction.















Pretty Paige... took the time to blow dry and curl her hair the other day. Too bad nobody at church saw it because she threw a fit about something and daddy took her home.



Kevin loves these trains as much as Derek did. He builds a new track nearly everyday. Thankfully he's able to do it all himself. And Darci is finally learning not to destroy them.


Derek had his 7th birthday on November 10th. This is one of his favorite presents and one of the coolest books I've seen! It's a huge pop-up dinosaur book with pop-ups all over the place. (Thanks Uncle Jared)

He also lost another 2 teeth in the last 2 months. We're waiting for his other front tooth to come out now.



Darci is talking all the time and singing and now she has even learned screaming... that last one is not so fun. She only has one voice level now and that is very VERY loud!


Fun time painting...



The kids love to play in our DIRT yard. They love to dig and bury things and just get dirty.

The weather's been so great, they also love to ride bikes around in the front driveway. We were able to find Paige and Kevin both little bikes our last time in Mesa (we ran over the last two) and now we just need to teach them to ride without training wheels.



Other happenings... I began a new job as a RN with Home Health. I'm off orientation now and going to homes by myself. I have to admit, it's kind of a fun job and very flexible being able to run errands in between patients and all. I'm just PRN (as needed) so I don't work that many hours, and I still work part time at a nursing home. In fact, in the nearly 3 years that I've been a nurse, I haven't had anyone die on me. Two weeks ago at work, that record flew out the window when I had two residents die within hours of each other. I like both jobs, but I'm still trying to find a permanent part time job at a hospital again.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great update Joy. That's a sweet train set you guys have!