Saturday, January 7, 2012

Trick or Treat

Posting about Halloween in January....

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays to decorate for. And my project list is a mile high with the endless craft ideas I've been seeing all over the internet. If I could just find some time to make something!

To start with, the kids had "scary" hair day at school. Next year we'll use colors because I picked up every color hair spray at Walmart after Halloween for about $0.50 each.






This year I was able to talk Derek out of being the red dragon for the 4th year in a row and instead he was a blue dragon, Toothless, from How to Train Your Dragon. I got it for $5 at Walmart last year. Kevin was Batman, also $5. Paige was a witch, also $5. Darci was a princess.









Going through the candy.....





Last Halloween Darci discovered candy and she has been obsessed with it ever since. She tried to eat several pieces of it while we were trick or treating and I'm sure she snuck a few without us seeing.

We usually let them eat a few pieces of candy that night and then 1 or 2 each day for the next week and then get rid of the rest of the candy. Some people think that is too strict, but we have made it this far with still NO cavities. I'm pretty proud of that.

No comments: