Sunday, November 15, 2009

Derek turns 6!!!

Derek turned 6 last week. He's still crazy into dinosaurs and wanted to have a dinosaur party. I saw this cake at Walmart and had to get it. I was going to attempt to make one like this, but with the prices of already made cakes, you really can't beat it once you figure in buying all the supplies and decorations to make it yourself.



He invited both his primary class at Church and his Kindergarten class at school. I really didn't think many kids would show up, but we had 17 crazy 5 & 6 yr olds running around!!


I think they had the most fun running around on our hill in the back. We've never done a pinata before, so this year decided to get him one. They busted it open a little sooner than I expected!


I had a few indoor games for them to play including this one. They got into groups and went looking for dinosaurs around the house. Then they had to match them up with the names they had in their bags. We also did a dinosaur hunt outside and a blindfold match game. He got a bunch of really cool toys and had a super good time.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

WOW! That's a lot of kids!!! CRAZY!

Amanda said...

fun.