Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Finished the boys Dinosaur Room

It's actually been painted for a few weeks now, but I've been out of batteries for my camera. Dollar store batteries let me take about 3 pictures and they're done. So, here are the pictures. We moved our nice bedroom furniture that was given us by my mom and step-dad (Thanks!) into their room because it goes so well with their bunk beds.

I made this road sign with my Cricut today to go up in their room. I'm going to make 3 more with other dinosaurs and different wordings.


These pictures are 2 of the corners. I put some vinyl stickers on the walls and we hung up these dinosaur models that were only $1 at Michaels. (They're a real pain to put together though). When I get some brown spray paint, I'm going to paint them.

Mr. T (glued together finally so he wont fall apart every time we open the drawers.

I used this poster for Derek's birthday party last year. I'm not quite sure that I like it up now that the room is painted, but it's BIG and has BIG dinosaurs and Derek loves it.




Paige gets jeolous anytime I make something for the boys room and not hers.


I made this spring wreath yesterday from dollartree items. It cost me $7 to make. I really like how it turned out and am glad that spring weather is finally here!

Another fun thing about spring time here is the pretty trees that are everywhere. I hated this little tree until the other day when pretty little pink flowers bloomed on it. Isn't it pretty? All over our neighborhood we have other trees like this and also ones that are white. We need to get one of those.

I found a neat blog with a tutorial on how to make button rings. This was some material that I had on hand already so they're not the cutest, but I still think they're pretty cute. I picked up some other scrap material at Hobby Lobby today and made some more. I'll take picture of those when I get more camera batteries:) I think I know what all my little nieces will be getting this year from me!! The tutorial is here.

6 comments:

Jacqui said...

Wow I can't believe how much you get into decorating!! You're like AWESOME woman!

Elena said...

Joy, the boys' room looks great! I love the paint colors and the dinosaur theme. I know Christian would love a room like that.

Becca said...

SOOO cute! I love their room! It looks great! I am going to have to show Jackson this and see what he thinks...well...maybe not...then I will have to actually do something to his room...hehehe!

Chris and Suzette said...

The dinosaur room is VERY COOL!

monique said...

oh my gosh! The bedroom is AWESOME! I love the painted "mountains"! And those rings are soooo cute!!!

AsthmaAn said...

Hi! I would love to know how you went about creating the mountain scene for your Dino room. I would like to do something similar for my son's big boy room.