Monday, August 20, 2012

Derek's 1st Piano Recital

Derek had his very first piano recital tonight.  I was SO proud of him.  He didn't hit one wrong key!  The hesitation in the beginning is because one of the keys on the piano was sticking for some of the kids and he wasn't quite sure what to do about that, but he figured it out and played it perfectly!  He still doesn't know if this is something he wants to pursue for a long time, but he had several friends there that played well so hopefully he will be encouraged to keep it up for a while, he's only been taking lessons since around April.

1 comment:

Dennis Martin said...

Derek...Nana and I are REALLY PROUD of you! You need to keep learning to play the piano because you are really good at it. I wished I had learned to play the piano when I was young. Keep learning and maybe you can teach me how to play.