Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tombstone, AZ

It was Helldorado days in Tombstone last weekend, so we took the kids and had a fun day.  There were gun fights in the streets and tons of people around.  We went to a gun fight show and took a trolley ride around town.  Darci liked it all but walked around with her hands over her ears most of the day because it was 'too loud'.  I missed out on a cool underground mine tour, but maybe we'll go back sometime for that one. 












On the way home, we drove through the back roads on the other side of Mt Graham near Bonita and Willcox.  It was a nice drive full of farm fields and the cutest little elementary school ever.






These are the kids journals of their day in Tombstone...

Darci - hers says "I got all 4 trolley tickets. I got all the rings. I love the trolley"


Paige.. "The trolley. I like it because it was fun."


Derek... I think it is legible...

Kevin.. "I love about the part we picked a toy. I love to go on the trolley".

Other fun stuff... carving a pumpkin...




Kevin the fireman.... some firemen visited Kevin's school the other day and he came home and created his very own firemen suit complete with mask, gloves and oxygen tank.  He's been walking around the house and yard putting out fires since then!


Cute school pictures! Kevin in 1st grade

 Derek in 3rd grade

Paige - will be getting re-takes because she was sick

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love the journal entries! What a good idea.