Saturday, October 23, 2010

I lost the binky...

I lost Darci's binky two nights ago. When I'm not paying attention, she'll drag one of her brothers of sisters to her bed to get her binky for her. Well, she did this and then dropped it somewhere and I couldn't find it anywhere! This was right around bed time, too late to go to the store and get another one because we only had this one.

So I put her to bed, told her that her binky was lost and she seemed to fall right asleep. She woke up about every 2 hours crying and finally about midnight she fell asleep for the rest of the night.

I was dreading naps the next day, but she fell asleep right away and slept for 2 hrs. Last night she asked about her binky ("where is bebe?", "bebe byebye?") and whined for about 45 minutes before falling asleep and was quiet the rest of the night.

Naps today were great - fell asleep right away and slept for nearly 3 hrs.

And tonight at bedtime, Kevin found her binky hidden near the office couch. Luckily she was outside at the time. I tucked it away somewhere for an emergency in case I need to give in again and put her to sleep without it. She only whined for about 30 minutes before falling asleep.

Maybe maybe we can finally be done with it.....

It's been surprising to me how attached she's been to her binky because she is very independent. She definitely has an attitude and knows what she wants to do. She also likes to hide from us ... she'll go inside dark closets and shut the doors and she'll shut the bathroom door and climb inside the tub in the dark hiding and it doesn't scare her at all. She is all over the place all the time, she is definitely going to be a handful as she gets bigger!

2 comments:

gretta said...

we had a really really hard time with getting rid of Emmies binky to go luck I hope its over be strong

Becca said...

I am glad it is going better than the screaming videos...hehehe!