Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The rest of September and a bit of October

I am trying to get caught up on our blog! This is the 3rd post in 2 days, so make sure you scroll down. I think this catches us up to this past week, so here it goes....


Darci is getting a kick out of sitting on her very own potty.


I love it when its quiet and I go to investigate and find them all playing nice together or reading books together.


We went to the Graham county fair and Darci was overwhelmed by all the lights and sounds.

Derek was proud to point out his contribution to the school projects section of the fair. Kevin also had some drawings there but we couldn't find any of them. He got a first place ribbon for one of them.


I've been trying to do some more projects around the house. Finally got them some money jars. We're decorating them with vinyl pictures I cut so they can be changed around frequently. They have been really motivated to do chores since we started paying them (1 penny for each chore).



I put this family motto on our wall using vinyl.


This was a picture frame that I've had for years. I finally decided to put it to some use. It went from this....

to this...
and finally to this! This isn't even half of her bows and flowers. I have another frame that I'm going to do the same thing to. Now at least I can see what the girls have and can start using them more frequently.



Last week we babysat 2 extra girls for the whole week, day and night while our friends went on vacation. It wasn't as crazy as expected. We all had a lot of fun with them. Both Paige and Darci had a best friend for the week.



While they were here, I didn't do any laundry for that week and finally got around to it 2 days after they left... this was the result! What a mess!


Tad's brother Rusty (whiteyephoto) was great and lugged all his camera gear down here to take pictures of all the cousins. Here is Darci at 21 months.

Derek at almost 7 - in just a few weeks

Page at 4 1/2 - I did not end up getting one of Kevin.
All of the cousins on the Martin side of the family.


Darci got a hold of a soda can and has decided she LOVES "juice" and now goes a little crazy if she sees it somewhere and can't get it.

Always looking out for Craiglist deals... got the boys a box of hotwheels cars for $5.


Picked up a box of 40 barbies, 20 baby barbies and a bag of clothes and cars, etc. The girls love them. I think Darci looks like the one on the right.

Kevin scraped up his face one day at school...



Remember, we took Darci's binky away. In its place, I got her a stuffed giraffe. She loves it, but she was still crying for her binky, so she also got a stuffed bear and a stuffed elephant and finally SHE GOT HER BINKY BACK! She mostly has it just for naps and bed, but she has started asking Derek and Paige to go get it for her, pulling them by the hand to her room. And of course, they give it to her before asking me. The plan is to cut the rubber part off and tell her it broke, probably when it gets close to Christmas.


They fall asleep in the most random places...


We have a big whirlpool bathtub at our rental house and so once a week they get a big bubble jacuzzi bath.


2 comments:

Susan said...

Great pictures. You are brave to take one extra kids for a whole week! What a good friend!
Oh, I like your new blog style/layout too. Did you use an external site?

Becca said...

Too fun! Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun! I don't blame you about the binki...I TOTALLy would have given it back...of course Jackson had his bottle till he was 4 so maybe I am not the best person to give advice or opinion...hehhehe!