Monday, June 25, 2012

Summer fun

Besides swimming nearly everyday and cleaning our other house up, I've been trying to keep the kids vusy with various activities.  Here are a few...

Grandma Toni mailed the kids some wooden designs that they could paint this summer and they have begging every day since school got out to paint them.  So I figured we were finally settled a bit in our new place that they could paint them.  They all took their time, especially Darci to make sure they were painted just right.




I found a blog post that had about 100 things you should do with your kids during the summer and building things with marshmallows and toothpicks was one of them so we gave that a try today and that was a big, especially with Darci.


 






Cooking from the garden... I've made a few pasta dishes with fresh basil from the garden and we've been growing enough okra to fry a good amount up each week.  I barely get any of it myself because the kids LOVE it. We also had some yummy zucchini bread this week too.


 

1 comment:

Kaylani Austin said...

The crafts look like a great idea! I'm glad you're settling in. I'm jealous of your veggies! And the fact that your kids eat them LOL