Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Official Day of Potty Training the Twins

I'm blogging about this because first of all I have to brag about how well it actually went and second of all because I know it wont last! Potty training Derek was a nightmare, so I knew I was in for it with the twins. I figured I would get all the headache out of the way and train them both at the same time. We've casually had them pee on the toilet for the last few months, but nothing consistent. I was either too tired or too lazy or both, so now with Derek in school, I figured this was the perfect time. Here's a breakdown of our day:

*1 milk and 6 sippy cups of watered down juice from 8:30 to 11:00, then naps and 1 sippy of juice and milk in the afternoon. Gotta fill their bladder right?
*About a hundred pees in the baby toilet and a hundred dumps into the big toilet. With Tad sleeping during the day, we're trying to hang out in the living room all day to be quiet.
*Two poops on the wood floor from both of them, one poop in the baby toilet from Paige, one poop on the back porch from Kevin.
*3 pees or more in the grass from all of them. It was after dinner and we were playing in the water.
*20 minutes at Fry's and to and from in their carseats in underwear with no accidents!
*40 minutes at the gym in underwear with no accidents!
*Only 3 pairs of wet underwear from earlier in the day. Most of the morning I just kept them naked until they started to get it.
*One pee at the dinner table from Paige.

It was pretty exhausting, but I think they did really good today. I'm hoping it will last, but am realistic. Derek took several months and several wet clothes in public before he finally got it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is WAY MORE information than I really needed....

Becca said...

HEHE! The grandpa comments makes me laugh almost as much as the potty training information!!! HEHE! I am so sorry! I am glad that they did pretty good! Like I said before I didn't even TRY with Jackson until this summer and he was 4. I HATE HATE HATE HATE potty training...It is of the devil! I think it is put out there for parents, just to see HOW crazy we can really get! AHH! Good luck though! I am rooting for them to do good!

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Yes I know I need to start but I a traumatized from Covin!!!! I HATE IT!!! If you get it down you can take Conner I will let you potty train him! hehe

Rachel said...

You are insane!!! I can't believe you took them out in public without even a pull up. You deserve a medal or maybe you just need to be admitted. LOL