Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Negative..... again

I finally get to work in the ICU tomorrow and am so excited! I have to do 3 "training" shifts before I can be an "as needed" nurse for them. I'm anxious to learn more in my career, it seems likes its taken a long time to get here.

On another note, it looks like it will just be the 6 of us from now on. As I mentioned before, we've been trying to get pregnant for a year and a half now and found out about 2 weeks ago that the latest test was a big negative. It's been really frustrating as anyone that has dealt with infertility knows. This last month was the most promising. I did gonadotropin injections with my cycle and actually ovulated for the first time in months. I thought for sure I was pregnant, I could feel I was pregnant, and was really let down when I wasn't.

Being over 3 hours away from a doctor you have to go to sometimes last minute and often is really difficult and really expensive. I figure we've spent somewhere between $2K and $3K in just the last 9 months trying to get pregnant, so at some point we just needed to decide enough is enough and it looks like we are at that point. It's frustrating because if we lived in Phoenix I would definitely keep trying, but it's just too much being this far away. And I'm learning to be happy with that decision. We have 4 wonderful kids that I am so grateful for. And when Darci is finally potty trained we'll be done with that for good! That's something to look forward to!

4 comments:

Elena said...

I'm sorry to hear that! It's great to see couples having bigger families in this anti-family culture we now live in. I enjoyed seeing photos of all the kids and family -- you guys look great! Derek is such a big boy travelling by himself with his cousin. How wonderful you're working in ICU and may it lead to a permanent position. I feel like it's taken me forever to get through school and get on with a career..but it's still going to take awhile. It's all worth it, though. Take care!

Amanda said...

oh joy...hang in there...

Becca said...

Sorry to hear that Joy! I feel your pain! Your Chilren are beautiful, and it is a great blessing, but I totally understand your frustration! You are an amazing person! This will be good!

The Martin Family said...

Infertility is a very frustrating fate to deal with, one not everyone understands. Hope you feel better soon. Thinking of you.