Friday, July 15, 2011

Summer Baseball

One of the things I DO like about living in this small town is that it is really inexpensive for the kids to play sports. We signed up Derek for coach pitch, and Kevin and Paige for T-ball. It was $15 a piece including the uniform. Can't beat that.

Derek hits the ball really far and if we would just swing HARD it would be a home run every time. He caught his first fly ball on Jun 1st and threw it to first base and made a double play. And I MISSED it! With all the kids playing, I often had to miss his games to take K & P to theirs. I couldn't believe I missed it! His coach was pretty impressed and so was I when I heard.

Paige chased the ball wherever it went even if it was nowhere near her and she even tackled a few little boys when they got in her way. Kevin is turning out to be a good ball player. He can catch and throw really good and does a good job hitting them too.

Paige:


Kevin:


Kevin ready to play, Paige a little bored playing in the grass:


Kevin running home:


At Derek's games, the kids would gather all the rocks within eyesight and stack them. Over and over and over and over.


Derek:






2 comments:

Dennis Martin said...

Derek is a chip off the old block. His dad was about a year older when he made a triple play in little league. He even got an article in local paper for it. Keep at it Rick.

Susan said...

I love your new header picture - very cute!