Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pack a house in a week?

I didn't think we had a lot of stuff until we started packing it all up. It's amazing how much crap you accumulate! It's been a busy week trying to get everything packed up while still living in a house and trying to cook halfway healthy meals. You know Tad... it would be soooooo much easier to pack up the kitchen right away and just do cheap fast food for a few days, but he wouldn't go for that! Thanks to my friend Becca who has been so kind to take Kevin and Paige a few times so we could get more done. We'll probably be leaving next week sometime - just waiting to get approval on an apartment. I'm actually looking forward to living in an apartment for a while - it'll be nice to have a smaller space to worry about. Not looking forward to the 2nd story, but we decided to go with a 2nd story in a great location instead of a ground level in an ok location.

Top things I'll miss about Arizona:
1. 70 degree winters!
2. Family and friends, kids' cousins
3. Kindergarten - Derek wont be able to enroll until Sept because of his age:(
4. Our yard
5. Established doctors
6. Multiple Sunday papers and all my coupons! Albuquerque does have a Smith's, which is like Fry's, so we'll see if I can get some good deals there, but I don't think I'll be able to get my 6 Sunday papers each week!


Top things I'm looking forward to in Albuquerque:
1. Summers less than 100 degrees!
2. Parks, parks and more parks
3. Balloon festival in October
4. All the ski resorts nearby
5. Starting over and meeting new people
6. Washer and dryer inside my house instead of outside
7. Tad will work less hours each day, although he'll work more days it will seem like he hardly works! 8 hours is easy!
8. Camping in the many areas near town
9. Being the out of town visitor when we come back to Phoenix!