Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Riding the Bus


This is Derek's first day riding the bus to school. He wasn't nervous at all, he just hopped right on and didn't even look back.

The big building in the middle is Derek's school looking at it from our apartment. We're so close, it's awesome that he gets to ride a bus. The steeple in the back is our church across the street.


This is Derek's school. It's hard to get a good picture of it because it is set down in a hill. He was so excited they had library day today and he came home with a huge dinosaur book.




Off the bus in the afternoon. I wasn't sure exactly what time it dropped them off, so we walked out there a bit early. The kids and I braved what seemed like 50mph winds in the cold waiting for him. Tomorrow we might wait in the van or just walk out there later.


This is my absolute favorite picture today! He was so excited to ride the bus!


OK, my friend Jacqui is inspiring me to be a little more creative with my pictures.... she always has such great pictures on her blog, so you might be seeing some weird or funky pictures of the kids here.....Click on the picture to make it bigger.

3 comments:

Becca said...

I LOVE Dareks face running to you! I am glad he had a good time! I love your pictures! They are awesome! You both inspire me to do more with my pictures...I just need to learn now to take better ones!

Jacqui said...

I'm laughing so hard. That picture of Derek is really cute, but I can't help but feel bad for the poor kid on the ground behind him.

Cute pictures! There are so many different ways to take pictures, its so much fun.

Jacqui said...

Oh I just blew it up, she's just sitting, now its not as funny. I'll learn to Click on them before I comment.