Thursday, February 26, 2009

By the banks of the Rio Grande

The Rio Grande basically splits up the city of Albuquerque... you're either on the east or the west and then I-40 splits the town north and south. So whenever you see a NW, or NE on an address, you have a pretty good idea what area its in. We live in the NW. There's also only about 3 roads in the entire city that cross the Rio Grande, so it gets pretty congested on those roads at rush hour. Crazy, isn't it? And there are nature preserves all along the river throughout the city. Everywhere you look in this town, there are people riding their bikes or walking along all the trails. Our next major purchase will have to be some bikes for all of us. A few days ago, we met Tad after work at one of the nature preserves and walked around. I got a little carried away with the pictures... click to enlarge.






These were all the treasures they found during our hike.

This was Darci's first time in her carrier.




This is my favorite picture.







Land of the giants.... I loved all these scraggly looking tall trees.




2 comments:

Becca said...

Sweet! Those are awesome pictures! You and Jacqui make me so jelous! I wish I could take better pictures...of course it doesn't help that I don't even use my camera anymore...only my cell phone...my camera STINKS!

Jacqui said...

I love all the pictures. The one that you said was your favorite, is my favorite too!