Sunday, February 22, 2009

Our long week...


Paige wasn't feeling well all week. As you know, she is usually very hyper, but this is what she was doing at home all week... just laying down with her blanket.

So finally on Thursday I took her to the urgent care. She had been pretty hot for a few days and that morning she was shaking and very lethargic. At the urgent care, her respirations were really fast and her oxygen sats were only 87% (should be 100%) and her temp was 105F. After a call to the childrens hospital, they said she needed to go to the ER by ambulance so she could get oxygen. Remember, I had Kevin and Darci with me too, so I was going to follow behind in the van. When Paige found out she was going by herself, she started getting really upset and the paramedics said that I really should go with her because if she gets too upset during the ride, her breathing would get worse. So, Paige, me, Kevin and Darci all got a ride in the ambulance. We were done at the ER after 2 hours where she got oxygen and gatorade. Then we had to wait in the ER waiting room until 5pm for Tad to get off of work and pick us up so we could go get our van. It was not a fun day. Luckily I was able to find someone in the ward that I haven't even met yet to pick Derek up from school. Our ward has been really great so far helping us out.



Darci luckily was very good at the hospital. She slept through most of it. I tried to keep her covered in her carseat as much as possible so she wouldn't get sick. While we were in the waiting room, I caught something and have felt like I've had the flu for the past few days. Thankfully Darci has been sleeping longer at night so I can get some rest. She slept 8 hrs once, but mostly 6-hr stretches at night.



Yesterday we took a drive to Madrid, NM. (pronounced Mad-drid) This is the little town where the movie Wild Hogs was filmed. I was pretty excited to see if it would be like the movie, because in the movie it was such a cute little town. Well, it wasn't quite the same. It's more of an artsy town with some antique shops and would've been ok to walk around, but it was Saturday and there was absolutely nowhere to park, so we just drove through.



So instead, we went to the Sandia Crest ski area and had lunch. There was a little bit of snow for the kids to play in and throw snowballs and stretch outside. It's about 30-40 minutes from our house to the top of the ski area.













We live in the hot-air balloon capital of the world it seems. Every morning, we see hot air balloons out in the air and got to see this one close up.
Almost every morning

7 comments:

Brad Martin said...

Wow, an ambulance ride to the ER just so she could drink some gatoraid and breathe in some air! gotta love it.

Rachel said...

That baby is sooooo freaking cute!!!! And I love the picture of Derek getting on the bus. Sorry about the whole sickness thing. But props to you for doing it with all your kids all by your self.

Anonymous said...

Good thing Paige was one that was sick. If she was waiting on Kevin or Darci those nurses would have had their hands full.

Susan said...

Poor Paige! Caroline is pretty hyper too and when she gets sick, it's nice for the first day to have her be calm and and snuggly, but after a few days it's sad and I miss her activity!

Becca said...

Poor Paige! I totally have to send you a video I took of her and Jackson while you were still here! The girl cracks me up! I hope everyone feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Joy,

I really do enjoy reading about what is going on with your family.

Sometimes i get busy and forget to look for a few days but w;hen i do look I am always happy to see the neat pictures you have posted.

Keep it up

Dad

Amanda said...

looks like fun! did you find a job yet?