Friday, December 4, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

We went back to AZ over the holidays. First to Thatcher for a few days to visit Nana and Grandpa and Dave, Susan and Caroline, and Patty, then on to Mesa to stay with my sister and see all the family in the valley. We were sad that we missed some because of sicknesses. Darci ended up getting croup for a few days and thank you so much Carol for supplying us with a breathing machine and medicine. We would NOT have survived without that. Her breathing was TERRIBLE. We hope everyone else is feeling better again too! Next time I think I'll leave Tad at home so I'll be able to visit and chat with everyone that we didn't get to see this trip.

Birthday party for my grandpa Tom at my Aunt's enormous house in Tucson...

Paige is finally able to wear a braid - only the hair on the very top of her head is long enough.

Trip to Thatcher....
Somebody please tell me where I can submit her pictures for some hollywood commercial... she is so CUTE!!!

It took a day or two, but Lulu had SO much fun with Addie and Kuli.

Darci with a ponytail instead of piggy tails...


Craft time with Nana


All the little Indians...


Derek was so happy we were able to have Jack spend a few days with us in Thatcher...


Girl time... Paige and Caroline "helping" Nana cook yummy desserts
Trip to Mesa.....

The weather was so nice in the evenings, we were able to ride bikes around in short sleeves....


Walking around the new part of Fashion Square Mall.. Albuquerque eat your heart out, you don't have anything NEAR as nice...
Our kids and my sister's kids
Back home, decorating for Christmas....

So nice to finally have a fireplace...


Got a real tree for $30 bucks this year.


Snow at the Albuquerque Temple. It snowed on the east side for at least half a day. I hate to say it but I'm actually doing good in the cold weather. It's not near as bad (so far) as I thought it would be. It was 11degrees last night, 16 degrees getting in the van to run errands this morning and 30 degrees this afternoon at the zoo. And we were outside most of the day. It helps to have a good pair of boots and a sweater. I think I might need to do some more shopping. But for a person who FROZE every winter in Gilbert, I'm doing OK here.

2 comments:

Susan said...

We're jealous of your fireplace. We really miss having one!

Rachel said...

That house looks AMAZING!!! Wow, what I would give to see that. Loved seeing you guys. Thanks for your encouragement. The temple there is beautiful.