Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This and That

Here are some fun things the kids have said or done over the last few weeks...

Kevin:
"For REAL" is what he says about a zillion times a day. I think he heard Derek say it once and it stuck.

Watching American Idol, I asked him, "Is that person a good singer?" He says, "No." and then a minute later, "She sings better than me."

Paige:
To me, "When I was your age, I was married... to Daddy. When I was your age, I went ice skating."

"Don't leave me all by my lone."

"I'm getting bigger... soon I'll be 5 and then I'll go on a mission and then I'll be married and then I'll go to school!"

Darci:
Darci is now a headbanger just like her sister. Except most of the time, she is a headrammer.... She gets up on her knees in her crib and rams the side of the crib over and over and over. It's pretty loud. She also lays on her tummy and bangs her head over and over like Paige (still) does. And she lays on her back on kicks her leg on the side of the crib over and over.

She's been sick pretty much since her birthday and is getting over 2 ear infections. She's also got her first tooth and is trying to get more so that doesn't help with her sleeping or her fussiness if mommy isn't holding her all the time.

Derek:
"I'm going to close my eyes and try to go to sleep, it's been a rough day." He says, followed by a giggle.

"My school was on breakdown today." They were actually on "lockdown" because of some neighborhood burglary.

They really know how to crack me up.

Other happenings...


Derek drew this for his school contest... didn't win, but I'm sure proud of him.



A vinyl swirl I made for the wall...Vinyl lettering I made for above the inside of the front door. I've been checking out a ton of crafty blogs lately (many of them linked on my sidebar) and making a list of new projects I'd like to do someday... If anyone is feeling crafty, check them out at the bottom of my sidebar. They'll be deleted as I complete them.




Girl time... Darci is down to 1 nap now (but at least its a good 2-3 hr nap), so now she is entertained by playing with the kids. One of her favorite things to do is eat the crayons. (Don't worry mom, I don't let her do that, at least not when I can help it). Kevin has school twice a week so we get a few hours a week with just the girls.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Fun...Kids say the funniest things! It makes me so happy! I love your vinyl projects....I went to my nieces baby shower and got a few ideas from the lady's house that it was at..hehe! I am going to do the "Return with Honor" above my door too! It looks awesome!

Susan said...

They are so funny.
I love your vinyl. It makes me want a Cricut!

heidi nielsen said...

Cute projects. I'll have to come by soon and check them all out.