Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July Fun


Our friend CJ is a volunteer firefighter for Thatcher, so we were able to go to the fire house and watch them clean up the trucks for the parade. Then we got to wake up bright and early for him to pick us up at 5:30am to ride in the firetruck for the parade.


Kevin, Paige & Tad rode inside the cab while Derek got to ride on top.

Parade video


After the parade, we got a hose down from the firetrucks. This is always the best part of the day. Paige & Kevin weren't too into it, but Derek got drenched.



Video of everyone getting drenched.


My sister's kids, Maya, Jack, Will, & Lilly stopped through Thatcher on Saturday and the kids had so much fun playing with them. They also got to play with cousin Caroline all day Friday and really had a lot of fun with her. I can't believe how tall she is now! She's only 6 months older than the twins!

Grandpa grew these zuccini in his garden... I hate to admit it, but that is pretty impressive!


I felt like I needed to relive the 80's and get a perm! My hair is starting to get long again, so I didn't want to cut it but needed a big change, so here ya go. I actually really like it. These pictures are day 1 unstyled. The 2nd picture is me giving Tad a dirty look because he wasn't very nice telling me he didn't like it (he says he does now, but who knows).


Tad has been growing a beard and he thinks it looks really good. I don't like it.


Pool fun in Nana & Grandpa's backyard pool.

This was the first time we took Darci swimming and she LOVED it. She kicked around like a little fish and then just chilled in her swim seat.







Tad celebrated his 35th birthday while we were there. Nana makes the best cinnamon roles around so that is what he decided he wanted instead of a cake.

On the way home we stopped off at the Catwalks near Glendwood, NM. Tad started getting sick there, so we didn't have time to walk further than this first bridge, so we will definitely be going back sometime.

6 comments:

Patty said...

I can not believe the parade started SO early!!

Jason and Amanda said...

Tad and a beard?? He looks so differnt--maybe older?? Funny! Happy birthday Tad.
And too funny--you came to Thatcher for the 4th and we left!

Brad Martin said...

wow, the 4th of july has gotten weak since i was a kid. there used to be like 100 kids get sprayed by the firetrucks and they used to turn the hose down and hit us straight on and knock us over, probly have too many lawsuits now if they did that. and tell tad to give up on the beard. he aint got nothin on me!

Becca said...

WOW! Sounds like a TON of fun!

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

I am sad we missed you guys. We went out of town....call us again when you come back!

Susan said...

You guys should definately go back to the Catwalk - it's really beautiful. We went for my birthday a couple of years ago and loved it!