Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Kevin's surgery

My sweet baby boy Kevin had his tear duct surgery this morning. The procedure he had a few months ago was unsuccessful, so this time they put in a tube to hold the duct open. It was still pretty simple, but he had to be put completely out and get an IV. He was kicking quite a bit while he was waking up, so they let me back in the recovery room earlier than usual. And can you guess what his first words were as he was starting to come to???? No, not mommy, it was "bottle". He chugged his sippy cup and then fell right asleep. When we got back home, it still took him a while before he was normal... when I first put him down, he tried to walk and fell over, tried to get up again and fell again, and did it again. But now that he's got some food in him again, he's pretty happy.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

when you're a nurse, you think you know what to expect in the hospital...until it's your own kid. the mommy instinct is greater than the nurse instinct.

The Martin Family said...

I had no idea Kevin was having his surgery. I guess I am a bad Aunt. I hope he is doing well and this time it works.

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

Surgery is scary, Covin has had 2 already. I hate knowing to much about the medical side. I makes me freak out even more! I am glad everything went well!

Ashlee Draper said...

I am glad to hear that he is doing better! Clint had his tubes taken out a few months ago, and it was the same thing...I could hear him screaming all the way in the waiting room when he woke up, so I ran down there, and all he could say is "You said you wouldn't leave!" It broke my heart! It was good to see you guys a couple of weeks ago, we will have to get together next time we come over there!

Rachel said...

You never told me about this!!! So, will you have to do it again, since it came out?