Tuesday, April 21, 2009

How wierd is this!

So I was at work yesterday and I looked out the window and saw a mountain and I thought to myself, wow, that's a really cool view of Camelback Mountain... After a few minutes, yes it did take me a few minutes, I realized that there was no way that was Camelback Mountain! I'm not in Arizona anymore! I think I need to get some sleep instead of staying up so late reading the Twilight books!

On another thought... it's amazing how wherever you are, you meet people that look like other people you knew somewhere else. They say everyone on this planet has a twin somewhere, but I think we have several twins, probably octuplets. It's just amazing to see how similar we all are even when we are all so different.

I'm glad to be back at work... I really missed it. This hospital is great... a little backwards in some ways (paper charting, overhead paging, shared rooms, 8-bed wards, and other things), but it is very modern when it comes to medical technology and procedures. I trained in the mother-baby unit yesterday and it was so fun to see all the little babies, but as a nurse you don't really get to enjoy them, you're so busy with everything else. There was a young couple there, probably late teens, that just had a baby. The father was so excited and loved that baby so much and was so sweet to the mother. Now I don't know what kind of life that baby will have, what kind of struggles it will go through, or if the parents will stay together, or what, but it entered the world so loved. For a brief moment in time, the world was a happy place.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

so are you in post-partum, couplets, days, nights? good times. they're lucky to have you.

Jacqui said...

That happens to me all the time, If you see my twin can you take a picture?

Becca said...

Camelback Mountain huh???? I think that is funny! Just shows that you miss little ol AZ! I am glad you are enjoying your job!