Thursday, May 14, 2009

My Doctor Shot Me....

I told Paige that we were taking Darci to the doctor today and she said with a serious look on her face, "My doctor shot me." I said, "What?" and she said, "My doctor by the gym shot me."

Here is another conversation we had about her baby doll... She said, "My baby doll can't talk." I said, "Yeah, I know", to which she said, "She die". I told her, "Yeah, your baby doll isn't real." She very seriously looked at me and said, "I am... and mommy."

And she was watching TV the other day and there were some babies on it and she said, "That baby has a mommy too!" I just had to laugh. And at the park the other day, she was getting worried because she couldn't see Derek anywhere and she said, "I want my bruder, I want my Derek."

Sometimes she just seems so smart for her little tiny body.

But, back to Darci, today was her 4 month check up. She weighed 13#9oz (50%) and was 25inches tall (75%). She is actually 28 inches tall if you count her hair! I took her to get pictures at Walmart (yes, I'm cheap) yesterday and had her hair cute with pigtails. When we got there, I noticed one of them was a little off compared to the other. So I took the rubberband off to fix it and snap, it broke! Of course, I wasn't prepared and didn't have another one, and I couldn't take the other one out too, because her hair was just standing straight up, so I improvised and made just one ponytail on the top of her head. The pictures turned out really cute, but she is just soooo cute with pigtails, I think I'm going to take her back tomorrow and get another package. For $5.99, I really can't resist.

I got a great deal off of craigslist the other day... I found this cute old fancy dresser for $85 bucks and got them to deliver it to us for no extra charge.

It almost matches this one below I got for Paige a few years ago for $75! I can't wait to decorate some girl rooms sometime soon!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Jackson just had to go and get his 5 yr old shots for school! He was not happy! Oh well! They will be healthy! That is all I care about, a little pain they can live with! The drawers are awesome! I love reading about what is going on! We miss you here in AZ