Tuesday, May 5, 2009

We got a house!

Well, we finally got someone to accept our offer on a house! We're hoping to close by the end of May. It's going to be in the same ward/area as we are now. It's a 2-story 2130 sf house with 4 bedrooms upstairs and 2 living areas and a dining room downstairs. The backyard is landscaped and terraced and pretty neat. There's also a small basketball court area in the back. The bedrooms are small, we'll have to do bunk beds for the kids to share, but we'll easily be able to stay in the house for years. Now I have to start pricing out washer, dryers and fridges! Yikes!

We like our ward, so we're happy that we found something within the boundaries that is still relatively close to our jobs. Everyone's been great in our ward so far, so now we can get more involved without having to worry about moving out of the ward in a few months.

We went to Thatcher this last weekend. It was a long trip - 7 hours in the car. And I just have to brag about my baby for a minute. She is soooooo GOOD! The way there, we only had to stop 1 time to feed her, she took 2 naps and then just stared around and talked to herself. She was great. The way back we fed her twice because we left later after feeding her in the morning. She slept about half the time and the rest of the time just looked around. She is such a good baby. It may have something to do with her being just one baby at a time, but really she is so good. I could have several more if they were all like her.

Grandpa and Nana had fun with her, although Grandpa missed out on holding her too much because he was afraid of a little (OK, a lot) of spit of. I don't know what my problem was, but I only took 1 picture the entire time we were there! Here's Darci with Grandpa Martin.

Kevin was sick most of the time we were there. He threw up in the van when we were just 5 minutes away! He didn't throw up while we were there, but he had isues coming out the other side and complained about his tummy and was fussy most of the time. But not one accident in his pants! He's done so good in underwear. Derek face-planted off the monkey bars and has a small owie from that. Paige threw up in the van on the way home and is recovering today. Hopefully it will bypass Darci and Derek, but Tad is starting to feel it today at work!

6 comments:

The Martin Family said...

Congrats on the house, that is exciting! Now we can come visit! When do you move in?

Becca said...

YAHHHHH!! I am so happy for you! I was going to say, "give them dramamine", but then you said Tad got it as well! BUMMER! I am glad Darci was good for you though! I am soooo excited for your house! It will be nice for you to have more space!

The Bryce Family said...

Congrats on the house! What area do you live in? Which ward? I'm so jealous - I miss ABQ like CRAZY!!! Congrats and have fun moving!!!

Amanda said...

hooray!

Jacqui said...

Ooh, I can' wait to see pictures of the house. Especially the back yard. Sounds cool. Does this mean your house in AZ sold?

Susan said...

How sad your oldest 3 kids got sick! I was always the one to get sick on car rides and it totally ruined my vacations! I hope everything goes ok with house! Good luck!