Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday Darci

Holy Cow, it's hard to believe this little girl is 3 years old!! I remember we moved to Albuquerque when she was 3 weeks old and that seems so long ago... It's also really weird that my baby is 3 years old and there's not another one crawling around or on the way... I guess that makes her seem younger to me than she really is. Darci is so stinkin' cute! She is finally (95%) potty trained during the day and only has occasional accidents. The other kids were 3 when I put them in underwear at night, but I am going to wait another month or two until it warms up and she's not wearing those big zip-up pajamas to bed. Darci is very stubborn too. If you give her something sweet to eat like a candy or even a cough drop, she will demand another and keep demanding one until you finally give in. It's not easy to change her mind or distract her when she wants something. And she's not quiet about it.... At night she wakes up at about 11pm with night terrors and about the only way to get her to wake up enough to go back to sleep is to bribe her with something sweet like chocolate chips or a marshmallow or a cough drop! She might be the first of the kids to get a cavity.... But otherwise, she is so sweet and lovable and loves to give hugs and kisses and say I love you and I miss you. She's talking great and is already starting to ask pretty complex questions and her memory is great. She finally accepted the fact that she was turning 3 and not 5 like she wanted. She is a mini-me of Paige 100%. Anytime Paige says anything, Darci will say it to. She always wants to play with whatever her big sister is playing with.

I had fun with her 3-yr old pictures...


























No comments: