Monday, June 22, 2015

Beaufort, SC to Charleston, SC

This sign was posted at a park near Beaufort.
 
Part II - This abandoned church ruins is outside of Beaufort.






On the way to the beach outside Beaufort.


Marsh board walk near the beach




Entrance to Hunting Island Beach - the forest goes right up to the sand

Digging for Shark teeth - we found about 8 of them!





View from the lighthouse - it was a much more scary climb up the spiral staircase as an adult then it was when I was 8!!



The old Cemetery at St Helena church in Beaufort.  The flags indicated the war the person fought in.  Pretty cool to see the old tombstones, especially the ones from the 1700's.  










 Now we were in Charleston on our way to Fort Sumter.














 We walked around downtown and rode the trolley










 In case you can't tell I love these old homes

 









 We went to the beach at Isle of Palms and Sullivans Island.  Beautiful.









 Then we drove inland a bit to Florence, SC.  These canals are SO much different than AZ canals!  They are green!! 


 Kevin standing at the Challenger Astronaut's memorial in Florence, SC. 


One of Tad's mission apartments in Florence.

And I was able to see my best friend Lisa from K-3rd grade.  It was so much fun to get caught up after all these years and to eat a fantastic home cooked meal!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I downloaded this picture and displayed this gorgeous boy life size my heart skipped a couple of beats! https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-zDSW_dD9Icw/VYjks1u-jpI/AAAAAAAAKR4/IeYl4_ND1ZY/s0/IMG_1000.JPG The picture is so clear and sharp this gorgeous good looking boy appeared to be directly in front of me looking at me and smiling at me! I put him on display life size in the main living area of my home and my bedroom in my hi res digital picture displays and I fell head over heels in love with his picture and his good looks. I was standing in my bedroom admiring him. Since he appeared to be directly in front of me and I was all alone with him I leaned close and began kissing him. Since the display is warm and silky smooth I was like OMG! It seemed like I was really kissing him and that was very exciting and so much fun, especially since he is so good dang good looking. I couldn't believe I was kissing such a good looking goofy boy! It is going to be so much fun having this gorgeous little beauty on display life size in my home!