Sunday, June 21, 2015

Savannah, GA to Beaufort, SC

 We were able to take a pretty awesome vacation a few weeks ago to the South.  I grew up in Beaufort, SC for 5 years and Tad served his mission is SC so we've wanted to take the kids back there for a while.  We finally got smart and started saving up credit card points and were able to get all of our plane tickets paid for - yay!  So we flew in to Atlanta and rented a van.  From there, we drove to Savannah, GA and then up the coast to Washington, DC and then down through the Appalachian Mountains through Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina and finally back down to Atlanta.  It was so green and so pretty! 


 At the airport... the kids actually did really good on their first flight.  Derek is the only one of them who has flown before.  I sat next to the girls and Tad sat next to the boys.  Darci was so cute, as we were taking off she was looking out the window and then as we got higher, she slammed it shut saying "I can't look anymore".  Then she would get brave and look again for a few seconds and then slam it shut.





 Tad was not happy to be on the plane!

 Savannah was so pretty and so green!  I love the moss that hangs from all the trees.  It's everywhere.


















Outside of Savannah we went to a wildlife refuge and took the scenic drive through hoping to see some Alligators.  Luckily even though it was a hot day we were able to see 6 of them.  You have to look hard in the pictures to see them!








 Then we drove to Beaufort for 2 nights.  We lived in Beaufort when my dad was stationed at a Naval Base there.  It is a cute southern town with gorgeous old antebellum homes.  This is a park I used to play at.  I love the moss.


 Duck pond by my old house where I used to sell lemonade.
  My old house... look, it's for sale!

  I love all the marsh land in the back ground.
 This is Beaufort National Cemetery.


 Some of the homes in the historic downtown area.





 I always used to think this one was haunted...









 



 






No comments: