Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Derek's Big Boo boo

Derek had school pictures last week and instead of buying them from the school where they are WAY expensive, I was planning on taking him to Target on Monday to get a package deal there. So, of course at school on Monday, he tripped and fell on the carpet in his class and got a nice rug burn right in the middle of his forehead. And it's hard to see, but he also has a bruise under his right eye and an old bruise above his left eye! We took the pictures at Target as planned... I did my best to cover it with makeup, so we'll see how the pictures turn out. And today, his teacher made him go see the nurse for his owie and the dumb nurse put a bandaid on it without any neosporin or medicine and so the bandaid stuck to the scab and pulled the scab right off when I took the bandaid off. So now it makes this picture look good (taken this morning) because now it looks really bad. He was so concerned about losing the blood and kept asking if the blood was going to go back into his head.


Paige has started calling Kevin "Buddy". We have no idea where she heard it from because we don't call him that, but if we ask her to say Kevin, she says "Buddy". All day long, it's "Buddy this" or "Buddy that". It's kind of cute. She is really talking a ton and she has the cutest little voice, she'll say sentence after sentence. Her cutest sentence is "my squito bite hurts". Kevin over the last few weeks has finally started talking more. We still can't understand everything he says but he keeps asking until we finally guess it and he says "yah". His favorite words are "Otay", "Roar" (dinosaur), "chi chi train" and he's starting to put words together in sentences.

Potty training has been a hit or miss this week. Lots of wet pants. It's frustrating because while I'm at work on the weekends, Tad doesn't keep them in underwear as much as I do, so I kind of have to start over on Mondays.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I am sorry about his owie! I would have a little chat with the nurse!! DUH! Sorry! Sorry about potty training! I HATE it, so I feel for you! Paige and Kevin are just so cute! I totally get not understanding what he says though! Jackson still is VERY hard to understand sometimes! Good luck!

*Shaffen and Misty* said...

School pictures, I bought the smallest package of Covin's because I am not sure they are going to turn out good (the missing front tooth and the crazy smile) I will get them done later! :) Sorry about the potty training!

The Martin Family said...

That is one killer rug burn! I hope it doesn't leave a scar.

Susan said...

Rug burn on the face right before pictures??? OH the Irony!!!! That is a serious rug burn too. Poor guy!

Rachel said...

ouch!!! Love the buddy thing.