Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Our new baby


So, this is our new baby... got a great deal on it. But can I just say that the MVD and New Mexico just STINK!!!! This was a private party sale, but we still had to pay 3% of the sale price in taxes (they said they actually go by the blue book so even if a car is given to you, you'll have to pay tax when you register) plus registration plus emissions. And the people who sold us the truck will have to pay 3% of the sales price as well. Which we will also have to do when we sell our fancy old Malibu. Sometimes it just seems like you're getting taxed to death and hit at from every angle. How's a person supposed to get ahead??

Anyway, we love the truck and will love our many camping adventures to come with it and I wont have to hear from Tad how I've packed too much in the van and we have no room to sit.

Tad already has to work at least 2 overtime shifts per week at his job (mandatory - another thing that bugs me about the State of New Mexico), so he should be able to pay this baby off within a year. At least that was the arrangement for him getting it. Dave Ramsey would not be happy that he didn't pay cash for it but what the heck, you only live once. By the way I just learned how to attach a web link to other words that I type and I think it is pretty cool!

3 comments:

The Martin Family said...

That is one giant baby. Looks like a nice truck. Do all the kids fit in the back?

Anonymous said...

The only thing that would make it better is if it was RED.

Susan said...

Sometimes I wish we had a truck - it would be convenient. But how is your family fitting in it? NM isn't the only state that does the car tax thing - we have it here in MS too, but I think it's more. Stinks.