Wednesday, February 10, 2010

When she should be napping

When I used my camera today I thought the settings seemed different... and when I went to upload my photos I found something unexpected. Lots and lots of pictures of Paige's face! Apparently during "nap time" two days ago she decided to play with my camera instead. These days its rare if she actually falls asleep, whereas Kevin falls asleep almost right away. She would rather play and talk to herself for 2 hours instead of sleeping.









Making hats for Derek's school project.


Darci in her cute dress and boots... 13 months

As a side note I can't believe we've already been here in Albuquerque for a year. Time really does fly. So much has changed in a year. I'm so happy to be out of our yucky apartment. I think I could've stayed there longer if it were on the bottom floor, but holding an infant carrier in 1 arm and 6 bags of groceries in the other and yelling for the kids to keep up only to repeat it with the next 6 bags of groceries still in the van at the only available space far away got a little old. I always wanted to live in a high-rise, but that was when I was going to be a rich movie star and could afford to pay someone to do my shopping for me!

We still love it here. The hot air balloons we see everyday have been an unexpected delight for the kids. The zoo and botanical gardens are great. The little snow storms we've had this winter have been a lot of fun for the kids and not so bad for me either. I don't mind snow that melts in a few hours. Even the cold weather hasn't been terrible. I was in a light shirt the other day at 32 degrees and didn't even really feel cold. For those that know me that is a shock.

But one of the best things is getting out of work walking out to my car and seeing the city lights all around me. The West Side is pretty hilly and the hospital I work at is perched on a hill so there are awesome city views at night. It's pretty neat.

There are still some frustrations with Albuquerque.... the red lights still take forever, people drive really slow, there are only a few ways across the river to the other side of town, everything is on the other side of town, and it can get really windy here. I had no idea just how windy it could be, but I think there are days where we could probably rival Chicago. OK, well maybe not, but it can get REALLY windy.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We think your truck looks great. Paige's hair is soooo cute. I can't wait to live in a bigger city so that I can do craigslist and killer yard sales. When you coming down next?