Monday, March 9, 2009

She's having a rough go at it

Well since we've moved here, i have yet to put up the crib and have had Darci take her naps and sleep at night in the swing. She's done great in the swing, just put her in and she dozes off for naps over 2 hrs and night sleep up to 9 hours! But I will be starting work part time but 12 hour shifts in a few weeks and so I thought I better try and transition her into her crib now so she'll be easy to put down for naps for Tad.

So I put up the pack n play because Tad's working now and I don't know when he'll get around to putting the crib up and I started putting her in it yesterday. She's also been getting out of her swaddles, so I'm transitioning her out of that also. She's done ok, but there's been a lot of crying. She'll usually go to sleep when she finds her hand and can keep it at her mouth for more than a few seconds. This takes about 15-20 minutes. If she's not asleep and still crying, I go in and pick her up and hold her a few minutes. By then she's usually almost out and I put her back down. She'll last for about 40 minutes and then start crying again. So I repeat the process and pick her up and then put her back down and she'll sleep again for a bit until it's time to eat again. Last night after I "dreamfed" her at 10:00pm, she slept until 3:45... not as long as the swing, but still not bad. After that she went in the swing. I can't remember how I put Kevin and Paige to sleep for naps and bedtimes, it's all a blur. I know they slept in their swings and bouncy seats on vibrations for a while. Maybe I'm putting Darci in her crib too soon? We'll see how she does tonight.

Update - she slept until 4:00 am again and then went in the swing until 9:00.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

That sounds pretty good. I had Chloe in a travel pack in play until she was about six months or later before I put her in the crib. I would have liked her in the crib, but I wasn't ready to put her in the same room with Kaitlyn.

Becca said...

My kids slept in pack-n-plays for a VERY long time! Jackson slept in his swing forever too! I think you do whatever is easiest for you! Don't you think Tad can do the swing? Or do you just want to get the transition over with? Good luck!