Sunday, March 15, 2009

Random pictures of the kids

This week is going to be busy... I start orientation for my new job tomorrow and have that for a few days and then my mom will be visiting at the end of the week with some of the kids cousins so we're going to have fun with that. I'm looking forward to working again, I miss working at a hospital and dealing with the sick and wounded. I miss all the blood and guts!! It'll probably still be another 3 weeks before I'm actually working on one of the units. It sounds like they're going to train me to work on more intensive units, so I'm really looking forward to it.

We still have not sold our house in Gilbert... don't know if it would ever sell in today's market. It's sad... we did everything right, bought a modest home that we could afford and now we're paying the price for those that didn't. It's very frustrating when you know your house is worth a certain amount and because of all the foreclosures you could never sell it for that. Everyone in Arizona knows what I mean. The good news is that we found out that can still qualify for another home here in Albuquerque even with our Arizona house because we have excellent credit. The bad news is that if we do a short sale our credit will be shot for at least 3 years! So, we're probably going to rent out our other house until we find something here and then I hate to say it but who cares what happens to it then. Who knows, maybe the market will improve in a year.... doubt it though. Anyway, enough of housing stuff, it makes me so mad to even think about it... Here's some pics of the kids...

Derek the dinosaur digger

I got this dinosaur egg at the dollar store and he's been digging and sweeping away at it trying to get to the dinosaur bones hidden beneath the dirt. He's been working on it for days and still doesn't have it done. After he finds all the bones, he can put them together to find out what kind of dinosaur it is. Best dollar I've spent in a while! He always says he wants to be a dinosaur hunter when he grows up.

Kevin the sleepyhead

Kevin sat in this chair after church and fell asleep while the other kids were playing around him. Sundays are hard without naps!

Paige the pretty princess

We've made friends with a family in the ward who has some girls and they adore Paige and Paige loves them. They were over the other day and of course had to paint her fingers and toes and put makeup on her. She was in heaven!

When she's not being silly and running around everywhere, she sure is a sweetie!

The shirt says it all....

Happy birthday to me!

So for my birthday and with a lot of input from me, this was my present! I'm very excited to start making some vinyl for my house that I don't have yet!

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

I am SOOOO jealous right now! I hinted at a Cricut for christmas, but didn't get one. I'll just keep saying, someday...

Take pictures of what you create!! I so want to see!

Becca said...

I am so happy you got the Cricut! SO MUCH FUN! Your's does bigger vinyl letter, so I might have to beg you to cut stuff out! They have a new blade that does "deep" cutting...it is SWEET! If you have a JoAnns there you can use the 40% off's to purchase it..it will let you do chip board, rubber stamps, and all sorts of stuff! Ihaven't actually used mine yet, but am VERY excited to try! I am with Jacqui...take pictures so we can see the fun stuff you make with it!!!!

The Martin Family said...

I am so glad Paige has some girls to be girlie with. Sounds like fun! So when can I place an order for some vinyl? I saw that on an infomercial the other night and it sounded way cool! Happy Late Birthday, when do you want some more visitors?

Susan said...

We're sad for you about the housing thing. It makes me worry too if we have move again in the next year or two. Vinyl lettering is so fun! I just bought some online, so when you get ready to take orders let me know - I'd rather pay you than someone I've never seen before on the web! :)