Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I need to burp up!

OK, maybe too much info ahead....

So Wed night during dinner, Paige was picking at her food as always and says to me... "I'm sick, I need to spit up." So I took her to the bathroom and she went to the toilet and coughed and spit in it and then went back to the table. I thought that was the end of that.

Wrong. About 10 minutes later, she says, "I NEED TO BURP UP!!!", so I rushed her to the toilet where she really did "burp up" - a lot of burp. And it continued all Wed night and once yesterday and then she mostly just laid down the whole day.

So today, she felt better and we went to the zoo with some church friends. They all ran around the play area and had a blast. On the way home, Derek said his tummy hurt and I thought, oh no, here we go again. So I rented a few movies and told them we were going to lay down in the living room and just watch movies and drink juice. Well about 20 minutes after being home, Derek coughed and gagged and out it came - all over our recliner and the floor and some in the towel that I rushed over to him. About 20 minutes later, he coughed and gagged and it started to come out again, and I could tell he wasn't in a hurry to get to the toilet, so I rushed him in and thankfully most of it ended up there.

In between this time, Kevin kept having to go diarrhea, about 5 times and of course he can't wipe himself. After I got Derek laying down and almost asleep on the floor, there was a cough and a gag and with almost no warning, out it came out of Kevin all over the floor, I'm talking ALL over the floor! There was no time to even get him a towel, so I shoved his blanket under him to get what was left.

And while I'm cleaning up Kevin's mess, Derek starts coughing again and yes again does not run to the bathroom. So before he could leave too big of a mess, I rush him to the bathroom, leaving a trail of yucky spots behind us.

So this is how I find myself here in a house full of puke with 2 naked boys sleeping on the ground and a stack of towels next to me ready to be put to action. Now I'm thinking... when is Darci going to start "burping " up.

Paige, by the way is fine now. In fact, last night we took the boys swimming and she had to sit on the sidelines because she was sick. So when they started throwing up, she said to me, "Now I get to go swimming... ONLY ME!!"


There's more... so as I'm typing this, Derek throws up again on the floor and in his towel. I get him and the floor cleaned and he's almost asleep when he says, "I have diarrhea." I say, "In your pants?" And he says, "Yeahhhhhh." So I get him to the toilet and cleaned up and I hear coughing and gagging back in the living room and Kevin is throwing up again.

So now they are both in the bath and I have no more towels left for the next few hours until the laundry is done..... I have two sick boys and 1 no longer sick girl who is bouncing off the walls.....

And let me just add one more thing... this apartment has the CHEAPEST MOST DISGUSTING CARPET I've ever seen. Everything SOAKS into it and it is almost IMPOSSIBLE to clean! It's gross!

4 comments:

Grand Pa M. said...

That is way more information than I really needed at this time.

Jason and Amanda said...

I love it...poor you! At least you are putting your nursing experience to good use right?! Hope things get better soon!

The Martin Family said...

That doesn't sound so fun. We did that a couple of months ago!

Becca said...

Oh my GAG! I am soooooooooo sorry! I totally would have died! I do not do puke very well! I am a puke NAZI! If they do not puke in a bucket or toilet, they have to do the cleaning themselves....Okay, maybe not Jackson because he is too little, but I am telling you this..he makes it to the bucket FAR more than the girls ever did! He has heard me threaten the girls..he is smart..hehe!!! SOOO SORRY! That sucks!