Saturday, June 20, 2009

The twins are three!

We had Paige and Kevin's little party this week (1 week late, but they didn't know the difference!). I can't believe they are 3 already!?! It seems like yesterday they were born. I remember when they were newborns wondering how I would survive until they were 3.... I couldn't wait for the day they would sleep through the night, learn to crawl, hold their own bottles, put their own shoes on, pee in the toilet, and now they're already 3! It's crazy! I've been looking back at their baby pictures and they were so sweet and so much fun despite the lack of sleep I got. I find myself thinking, it would be fun to have another set of twins... am I crazy?

Kevin and Paige love each other and have fun playing with each other. Kevin copies everything she says and does and when he's coloring, she'll sit down and color the same thing he is. They've had some big milestones this last year. The most important is that they are both potty-trained!!! I wasn't sure if Kevin would make it by 3, but he's done better than I could've imagined over the last few months. He's learning to talk so much better, but will probably still have to go to speech this fall. They're both really good big brother and big sister to Darci and they love to kiss her. Paige also likes to drag her across the floor if I'm not paying attention. Paige is so precocious and gets into everything. Last night she went to get her toothbrush in the bathroom and her attention was diverted to the tube of hydrocortisone cream which she lathered all over her face and legs. Paige is turning into quite the little girly girl who loves her fingers and toes painted, her princess dresses, her barbies and purses. Kevin is still way into dinosaurs, hot air balloons, and trains. They're both very sweet and I love my one-on-one time with them when I get it.

I had these great aspirations for cakes for them, but they didn't turn out too well. I wanted to try the fondant style frosting and make an elegant princess cake for Paige. Since we weren't having a big party for them this year, I just wanted to make one small layer of this cake.....


And just because I know everyone needs a good laugh, I'm posting my cake. The frosting was pretty easy to make, but once it was rolled out and tried to pick it up, it all fell apart, so I just slapped it onto the cake and gave up trying to make it look nice and just stuck hearts on it. I didn't even bother trying to make the bow.

So I gave up on the fondant icing this year, and just used regular icing on Kevin's cake...

This is the one we ate, because the other one was super nasty and way too sweet. Oh well, I have a year to perfect the fondant icing I guess....


Paige got some princess dresses, barbi clothes, a princess quilt, a jewelry box and a subscription to national geographics kids magazine. Kevin got some more track for his Thomas trains, a train station, a little hummer truck, a Cars quilt and the magazine subscription also. Thanks to all their grandparents for their cute gifts... I hope I didn't leave anyone out!

So, I didn't have this blog when they were born, so here are a few pictures I put together of them over the years.

This is the first 6 months. It's hard to believe they were that small. I actually think Darci looks alot like Paige in these pictures.


Months 6-12 - Paige still cries like that today.


Months 12-18


Months 19-24


24 months +





Here is an old video I found of them when they were about 4 months old. There's no sound.

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

Cute pictures! I want twins, but I don't think I'll get them. It's fun to see pictures of kids, when they were babies.

Becca said...

So cute! I cannot believe they are 3 either! WOW...time flies!