Saturday, June 13, 2009

Update on our place of puke

So, at about 5pm yesterday with Derek and Kevin pooping and puking, I called Tad to see if he could come home early to hold and feed Darci so I could just deal with the sick kids without getting her sick too. So he got home at about 6pm and the puking continued the rest of the night. Every time they drank a bit of gatorade, a few minutes later it came back out. Paige was sitting in the recliner when Derek puked on the floor (on a clean towel) and for whatever reason, she threw up all over the chair right after. I'm not sure if it was a sympathy puke or if she was getting sick again. So by 7:30pm they were all in their beds on top of towels sleeping for the night.

I asked Tad to call in sick to work today so he could help me with Darci in case they were still sick. He felt really bad calling in sick when he wasn't the one sick, but he did. Well at about 12:30am, guess who's in the bathroom throwing up? Yes, Tad got sick last night. He woke me up several times I guess wanting me to be aware that he was throwing up. I think he might have woken our neighbors up too cause I tell ya, he was LOUD and after he flushed the toilet, their radio went on.

All the kids did really well last night and today they've seemed better. We're staying inside today just to be sure and they're napping right now. Tad still doesn't feel great, so he's napping too. Darci woke up with diarrhea and has had it 2 more times since. She took a 3-hr nap this morning and is already back down for another nap. She's fussing like her tummy is hurting her and she has a low-grade fever. I hope that's all it amounts to for her.

Maybe tomorrow I'll be posting about how I'm the one up tonight...... stay tuned.

3 comments:

The Martin Family said...

What is it with the Martin boys and their throwing up that could wake the neighbors? Greg does the same thing and I have heard Grandpa puke, so I know where they learned it!

Becca said...

DUDE! This makes me sick just reading it! Sorry! I HATE puke!

Grandpa M. said...

I agree with Becca...and I don't even know who she is. This is way more information than I really need to know...even about you own grandchildren.